Aura Colors and Their Meaning
By Sally Painter
Paranormal Researcher and Seer
Auras can reveal information about your thoughts, feelings, dreams, and even others' wishes for you.
Each color is not completely straightforward, however, and one must take into account the shade of a color in order to get an exact reading. Auras are given off by all living things because they emit energy with a special vibration and color. That color can be seen by gifted people and those trained in the healing arts, who can manipulate energy fields for effective healing.
About Aura Colors and Their Meanings
Auras come in all colors. It's rare to have only one color in your aura, although auras typically have one predominant color. Some can be a composite of rainbow colors.
These auras are found in healers, especially those trained to work with the body's energy fields. These are typically seen as shards of colorful light, like a sunburst.
Yellow has a specific physical correlation to the spleen and to the person's energy source, aka "chi."
• Brilliant yellow - You're spiritually inspired or experiencing a spiritual awakening. You have a playful spirit and will act on your thoughts.
• Dark yellow with tinges of brown - You're a student. You feel pressured to achieve your goals and score high on tests. You've lost your love of learning, and studying has become a tiresome chore.
• Lemon yellow - This represents a fear of loss. This may be the loss of a job, divorce, a lifestyle change, loss of health or fear of losing control over your destiny.
• Pale yellow - You've recently embarked on a spiritual journey, or you've discovered latent psychic abilities. There's a renewed sense of excitement and hope for the future.
Orange is associated with the reproductive organs and how a person's emotions are bound to that region of the body.
• Bright orange - This shade indicates good health, vibrancy and living life to its fullest. An overabundance of this hue could indicate you're trying to overcome an addiction or a desire.
• Orange-red - You wield great personal power and give off an air of confidence.
• Orange-yellow - You have a scientific mind and tend to be a bit of a perfectionist. You have a love for detailed work and mentally challenging projects.
Red is one of the most powerful colors found in an aura. It can be a positive or a negative element.
Red represents the blood. It's a vibration of action with the ability to either attract or repel.
• Dark red - You're centered and grounded to the earth, self-sufficient and able to survive any circumstance.
• Brilliant red - You are very passionate, sexual, full of energy and competitive.
• Clouded red - This represents a negative energy with deep-seated anger.
• Pink - You're a loving person. Pink indicates an artist, a sensual person who appreciates the finer things in life. If you've recently fallen in love, you'll have a significant amount of pink in your aura. Psychically gifted people also have pink auras.
• Dark pink - This color indicates deceit, dishonesty and an immature person.
This color represents the throat, specifically the thyroid. If your aura is blue, you're intuitive and you love helping people. You remain calm during a crisis. Others lean on you for support.
• Royal blue - This means you are a highly-developed spiritual intuitive or clairvoyant. You have a very generous and giving spirit, and you are always open to new possibilities.
• Dark blue, even cloudy - You don't trust the future and can't face the truth because of your desire to take control.
• Light blue - You're truthful and serene, and you excel in all fields of communication.
Green is the color of the heart and of nature. This is usually found within the aura of healers, teachers and people who work for the public good.
• Forest green - You're a natural healer.
• Yellow-green - You're a communicator. You may be an actor, writer, musician or salesperson.
• Dark or cloudy green - You are very jealous person and full of resentment. You refuse to accept responsibility for your own actions.
• Turquoise - The ultra aura color for a powerful healer. You help others discover their inner truths. Usually found in doctors, healers and counselors.
Purple is associated with the pituitary gland, pineal gland and the nervous system.
• Violet - You are a visionary of the highest level. You're someone who can daydream and change the world with spiritual love.
• Indigo - You get glimpses into other worlds and are a wise seeker.
Silver and Gold
Silver and gold auras are very positive and considered spiritual vibrations.
• Silver - This is the color of abundance. If shiny and bright, it indicates you have great physical and spiritual wealth.
• Gold - You have angels and other divine entities protecting you. You're being mentored and guided to reach beyond yourself.
Black auras indicate you're holding on to negative feelings. Typically it indicates an unwilling and unforgiving spirit. This color can also indicate that disease is being held in certain regions of the body.
Other Dark Colors
Other dark colors can be indicators of blocked energy centers within the body.
• Gray - This color indicates blocked energy fields. You don't trust anyone or anything.
• Dark or murky brown - You're afraid to let go, and you're trying to hold on to your personal power or you're afraid to share yourself with others.
White typically indicates a newness and purity. It can be found in highly spiritual people who've transcended the physical and are preparing to ascend. Religious history claims white auras were seen surrounding angelic beings.
Recognizing What Your Aura Color Means
Once you learn your aura colors and their meanings, you can begin to heal and change those things you previously didn't recognize were holding you back. Working with your aura and the energy fields controlling it can be personally beneficial. Get a glimpse into your hidden thoughts, buried emotions and long forgotten memories by consulting a professional to read your aura.
Discovering these colors and what they mean can give you a greater understanding of yourself.